Why Get a Massage?
Daily Stress, work pressure, lack of exercise and unhealthy diet are common causes that can slow digestion, decreasing concentration and sleep, inducing tense muscles leading to discomfort. With a soothing touch of massage your own body starts to stimulate the parasympathetic nervous system, which essentially starts the process of allowing the body to relax and keep the mind calm. In addition massage can help provide numerous therapeutic benefits for health, fitness and mental well-being. It also helps improve the body's circulation, increase blood and lymph flow, stimulating the nervous system and affecting internal organs as well as all of the muscles.
Benefits of a Massage
Massage therapy is a healing art that encompasses the manipulation of soft tissues, positively affecting and improving health and well-being. The benefits of massage are physical and mental, included but not limited to the following:
- loosens tight muscles
- relieves tired and aching muscles
- increases flexibility and range of motion
- calms the nervous system
- lowers blood pressure
- assists in recovery from injuries and illness
- strengthens the immune system
- reduces tension headaches
- reduces mental stress
- improves concentration
- promotes restful sleep
- aids in mental relaxation
Which Massage is Right for Me?
In order to figure out which massage is best for you, you 1st need to ask yourself of what type of lifestyle you lead.
- If your lifestyle or job is stressful and or you are sitting behind a desk for long periods of time Therapeutic Massage is a modality that helps to destress the body as a whole. This modality is a combination of Swedish Massage, Massage Cupping and CranioSacral Therapy.
- If you are active and have a good exercise program that you follow you might consider Massage Cupping Therapy. This therapy is great if you have any sports related injuries or aims to release the chronic patterns of tension in the body.
- If you are under a Dr.'s care for chronic pain due to different conditions or are extremely tense due to much stress happening in your life you might consider Swedish Massage, Reflexology or CranioSacral Therapy. Reflexology is a foot massage that can alleviate much stress, CranioSacral Therapy is known to help with stress and tension related disorders and Swedish Massage is a light massage to help stimulate the blood and lymph circulation.
- If you feel tired majority of the day and find that your immune system is weak consider to have a Manual Lymphatic Drainage Massage done. This massage helps to increase the circulation of the lymphatic fluid which then increases the ability to fight disease and infection, and remove toxins..
- For an extra boost of energy try the Raindrop Aromatherapy Massage to stimulates all of the body systems on a physical and emotional level.